She's All That: Kim Kelly


Kim Kelly was, in the words of Sam Weir, “a psycho” at the start of Freaks and GeeksShe was rude, kind of repulsive, and worst of all, a bully. Then, something changed.

In Kim Kelly Is My Friend, the fourth episode of the show, we had an insight into Kim’s life outside of school. All of her ‘shortcomings’ somehow made sense – the way she talked down to people, how she saw others, and her reaction to Lindsay becoming part of her clique the ‘freak’ crowd. People aren’t born as bullies, they’re made into them.

Continue reading over at Screenqueens.

3 comments

  1. I really hated her character at first. I hated the way she treated Lindsay. You're right though, she really did change in subtle ways that were noticeable enough.

    Weren't you writing something up on Rebecca from Ghost World? What happened with that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah agreed I did as well. I think it was the fact that the writers of the show made her, well, normal and you realised that she wasn't that same mean girl we've seen thousands of times. I've grown to love her character on repeat watches, think she is awesome.

      I was actually going to submit it somewhere else, rather than post it on my blog, but will make sure to post it here whether it goes up on a different site or not.

      Delete
    2. Great, I'll keep and eye out!!!

      Delete

 

About



So what's this place Can You Dig It? all about? Who is the enigma that goes under the name of Cherokee? Clickity click on that ugly mug in the GIF, she has the answers to all your burning questions.

Follow on Google+

Reviews of Cherokee's writing


User comment from Jezebel article written in 2011: "I'm a teenager and I could write better than that two or three years ago."

Queen Rehema: "I love you (Cherokee). Bear my children."

HAVE A LOOK 'ROUND

Loading...

I write for...


People who sometimes care what I have to say

Follow by Email If That's Your Thing